Russell Brand has thanked his supporters for “disputing” the allegations of rape and sexual assault against him.
The 48-year-old flatly denied the allegations made by four women in an investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.
In the three-minute clip, posted on YouTube, Rumble and X, Brand said the week since the allegations were published had been “extreme and painful”.
He said: “Thank you very much for your support and for challenging the information that has been presented to you.”
He did not directly address the allegations made against him and attacked the government, big tech companies and media organizations.
He claimed the moves to prevent him from earning advertising revenue from his content on social media platforms came “in the context of the Internet Safety Bill”, which aims to tackle harmful content on the internet.
The bill, which has been in the works for years, was recently approved by Parliament and is awaiting royal assent to be passed.
In the video, which he addressed to his followers as ‘wonders waking up', he said: ‘By now you probably know that the UK government has asked major tech platforms to censor our online content and that some online platforms have complied. Application.
“What you may not know is that this is happening under the Internet Safety Bill, which is a piece of UK legislation that provides broad surveillance and censorship powers, and it's a law that has already been passed.”
Brand said he would return to his regular show on Rumble – an online video platform that refused to comply with YouTube preventing the comedian from earning advertising revenue on its site.
Brand described the streaming site as having a “clear commitment to free speech.”
Referring to mainstream media organizations, he said: “It's clear that these organizations are working together to construct narratives, whether it's about the war or the pandemic, and of course there are other examples.
“It's very clear to me that we have to be very, very careful.”
The video was published moments before Newsnight aired on BBC Two with fresh allegations about the former Hollywood actor's behaviour.
Cole Parker, who worked with Brand between 2000 and 2002, claimed models were often warned by their agents about the comedian.
He has not responded to the latest allegations made in the interview in which Parker told Newsnight he was “surprised” the details were not made public sooner.
He said: “A lot of the modeling agents were sitting around telling their models, telling their stable, warning them about him.
“Things like people coming back to his house and fooling around and then if they didn't want to go all the way, he had a reputation for sometimes getting angry or a bit nasty if people didn't sleep with him the first time. .
“And given the fact that he was a famous, very handsome man, very funny, it didn't really need to work that way.
“There would be plenty of people who would be happy to engage in an association with him, he didn't need to go with people who were unwilling to do so.”
Asked if he was surprised by the allegations, he added: “I'm surprised it didn't come out sooner, I'm surprised at the moment it's only four.”